1. What is the Open Enrollment Period for Medicare?
- The Medicare OEP is a period at the beginning of each year when
- Medicare Advantage plan enrollees can make a one-time switch
- to a new plan.
- This period runs from January 1st through March 31st
2. What changes can be made during OEP?
- This enrollment period applies to you only if you are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan. If you are enrolled in Medicare Advantage plan, you have one opportunity to:
- Switch to another Medicare Advantage plan
- Drop their Medicare Advantage plan and return to Original Medicare (Parts A and B)
- If you do this, you will be eligible to join a Part D (prescription drug) plan.
- This switch does not make you eligible for a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plan. You can still go through medical underwriting to qualify for a Medigap plan.
- You cannot use the MA-OEP to change from one Part D prescription drug plan (PDP) to another Part D prescription drug plan
Also, there is still an available SEP for Medicare. Please see attached document for details.